Transpare is a startup that improves the processes of international transportation of goods by sea, air, road and rail trough digital technologies. The platform transpare.eu connects the Importers/Exporters and the Freight Forwarders.
A Freight Forwarder is a company who organizes the shipment of your goods at an international level : multimodal transportation, custom clearance, insurance... We provide to our users a range of tools designed and optimized for the Import/Export needs that allow them to request offers, compare them, and collaborate online on a unique intuitive space.
Thanks to Transpare, booking an international transportation to import or export things becomes :
• Simpler: guided description of the need / one click booking directly online.
• Faster: live offer of many freight-forwarders.
• Reliable : transparency on the the competencies of the providers and their service quality.
• Efficient: saving time thanks to the tools and money thanks to the comparison.
Software engineers at Transpare are building web applications in transport and logistics. They build efficient interfaces, robust services and useful tools for transport companies all over the world.
The engineering team is composed of less than 6 engineers, located in France and Morocco. They work together on a multitude of web projects.
As a Backend Engineer at Transpare, you will:
- Build and maintain our backend processes, such as APIs or data monitoring tools.
- Develop with your peers, and collaborate with other engineers on complete features
- Use and configure AWS services, such as API Gateway, RDS, Route53...
- Improve API performance, by producing high quality code
- Maintain our high level of code quality, by refactoring and testing our components
- Share your knowledge, through code reviews and mentoring
On the backend side, we are building a GraphQL serverless API. The entire app is running on AWS services, such as Lambda, S3, CloudFront or RDS. We use Prisma ORM to interact with our databases
To help us build the app, we use code styling tools, such as ESLint and Prettier. We use Git for code versioning, CircleCI for CI/CD, Sentry for bug reporting and MJML for emails templating. The complete stack is available on stackshare.
At Transpare, you coud work on several ambitious projects, here are a few:
- Gamification: build a rewarding system to gamify users' actions and apply discount on his subscriptions.
- Add CRM tools, to improve collaborations and management for users' teams.
- Manage payment processes through the application.
- Experience: You have 2+ years of experience as a backend engineer and are comfortable with Node.JS and GraphQL. You also have experience with AWS and know how to use basic services (such as Route53, CloudWatch or Lambda). Any previous use of Serverless library is a plus.
- Team player: You have good communication skills and understand that your success depends on how well you collaborate with your peers.
- Algorithmic thinking: You know basic algorithms and can apply them in real use-case scenarios.
- Willingness to surpass yourself: You are a curious and open-minded developer who is eager to learn new technologies. You build side projects to experiment new languages.
- Languages: You are fluent in French and you have solid skills in English.
- Technologies: Any experience on the technologies of our stack is a plus.
- Autonomy: You know how to find the solution to your technical problems and find the right time to ask the team for help.
- A first video-call with our CTO: To understand your career plan and make sure that your profile corresponds to our needs.
- A remote exercise: To evaluate your coding skills
- A second video-call with our CTO: to discuss your exercise and tell you more about the way we operate.
- A face-to-face meeting with our CTO and our CEO: To create a strong alignment and introduce you to your future team.
We'll be available to answer to any of your questions through the whole process.